Thursday, April 30, 2015—Here’s what’s trending today about travel to Panama:
• SINAPROC’s rogue wave/dangerous high tide alert for Pacific beaches and rivers is in effect until May 5. Be especially careful as the freakishly high tide surges reach into interior rivers and quickly overwhelm riverbanks – and the people there.
• Production of water has stopped in Bocas on Isla Colon due to suspicion of contamination.
• Chinese-run convenience stores are closing in Chiriquí in protest of crime.
• The adventure of summiting Volcan Baru is strong and there are plenty of certified guides who can lead you there.
• The Azuero Festival is getting ready to kick into high gear—check it out if you’re in the area.
More to come, I’ll keep you posted.
@TravelPanamaNew – Twitter
Chiriquí Holdings International